Monday, April 16, 2012

I have no clue if i'm emo or prep or what...?

People call me emo all the time I wear lots of black big deal, I hang out with emo people, I wear band tee's some emo some rock, punk, metal, but I also wear American Eagle, Areopostale, Holister, Abrecrombie and Fitch etc... So I am sooo sick of stereo types, but I kinda idk like them in a sense, I have days when I want to go total emo like black hair worn in an emo way, then there are days when I want to be a total prep, then think that emo's are not worth it to be that way and see them as inferior then see preps as inferior! From all this I feel like I am totally psychogenic! But I am actually a sane person well sometimes, a good student, (god now I'm bragging ugh...). What can I say other than PUBERTY! Thoughts to self- "Did I even ask a question or just hope to confuse someone? Wow, psh 195 characters well now 171 well with this and that 140, I also have total 'geek/blonde {btw i am blonde}' moments, come on therapist in training give it your best shot!" I would really like to



I have no clue if i'm emo or prep or what...?

The feelings you are having are typical for a child your age. You don't know who you are and are trying out different roles. You are trying to identify yourself with emos and prepies etc... Bottom line you are still learning about yourself and getting to know and accept who you are. You still care about what people think about you. Which is still a sign of immaturity. Being immature is not a bad thing and its a stage we all go through. In fact the brain or the frontal lobe doesn't completely mature until the age of 25. This is why it best you still look up to the caregiver, parents or the adult in your life who is close to you to guide you. Older poeple are wiser developmentally.



I am in my late 30's and can still remember feeling the way you feel. Now, I can say I am alot happier because I have learned not to worry about what other poeple say or think about me because worrying and trying to please others is a waste of my time and most important to remember is that I DON'T HAVE CONTROL OF WHAT OTHER POEPLE DO OR SAY. The only porson I have control of is me. So in my conclusion, I am going to do and dress how I like regardless of what others say about me. I chose to stop thinking and wondering what others are thinking about me. If people like me it will be because of me and not because of how I dress. A beautiful and intelligent mind stands out more than a persons clothes. And if poeple choose to concentrate on the clothes than they are superficial and are not worth knowing or being friends with. Good luck and dress how you want to dress. Don't call it anything (emo, prep etc.). Just dress how you want and feel like regardless of what your friends call you.



I have no clue if i'm emo or prep or what...?

First practice asking questions that are interesting to other people and whose meaning is clear.



When you have mastered this you may no longer need to worry whether you are emo or prep.

No comments:

Post a Comment