Monday, April 23, 2012

Okay, so kids at my school (prep - 12) have tagged me 'emo' because I like black... What d

Ok, so I am into My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy and Panic! At The Disco, so kids at school have branded me 'emo'. I have black hair and nails, like wearing black clothes and listening to 'emo' music. But does the really mean I'm 'emo'?



So, i asked some peeps if they think I'm 'emo'. Apparently, some chick in the seventh grade has told everyone i have been slitting my wrists and thats why wear jumpers all the time! I've been going to thius school for 5 years and apparently



she has said i was slitting my wrists for 3 whole years! I have been wearing black nail polish lately and i like it, so i should be allowed to, but i've been branded 'emo'!



I have asked a few girls what defines 'emo' and they just said "You"! so i dont really know



would u guys plz tell me what you think 'emo' is. and if u think what my descrption is about me up the top defines 'emo'



Okay, so kids at my school (prep - 12) have tagged me 'emo' because I like black... What do you call 'emo'

well.... emo is an abbriviation of "emotionally-driven Hardcore punk" .



well what i think is that u cant let other people classify u into a group that they think is appropriate because everyone is different... i mean but if u want to be emo then thats okay... but if u dont wanna be called emo all the time then tell them to stop.... or report them to a teacher..



Because I personally like black... and punky stuff.... but im not classified into a emo/punk/goth because dont go so extreme with my appearance.. like u do.... because u seem to go way over the top with this "black look" that u have....



But dont change because of what other people say... u are ur own person....



But jst because they say ur emo doesnt mean ur emo.. ^^



Hope that helped a bit! ^^



Okay, so kids at my school (prep - 12) have tagged me 'emo' because I like black... What do you call 'emo'

Junipero always think of emu as a large, flightless bird native to Australia . . . you sure that what you want to be?



Okay, so kids at my school (prep - 12) have tagged me 'emo' because I like black... What do you call 'emo'

emo is hard to describe, but it shouldn't an insult. Just enjoy the music you like and be yourself. Lots of people like these bands (including myself).



I suggest talking to an adult if some of the kids rumors and teasing bothers you. Not so much to "tattle tale", but just to have someone who can be a comforting ear. Growing up isn't easy, and we older folks have all been through it.



kids can be mean, and making "emo" sound like an insult is silly.



hope that helps.



oh. I forgot to answer your original "what is emo?" question.



Emo is genre a music, and with all genre's a music, there is a type of culture behind it. the funny thing is, the term "emo" has evolved over the years, and it really depends on who you ask.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo_%28musi...



Okay, so kids at my school (prep - 12) have tagged me 'emo' because I like black... What do you call 'emo'

Emo used to be called Goths in the olden days. Enjoy what you like. Don't pay any attention to what others say as that only gives them power over you.



Be happy and love the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment